Saturday, January 9, 2010

Back to Basic

Well, here I am, sitting at the airport, waiting for my flight back to St. Jean. I had another post from before break but it wasn't very exciting so I decided not to post it. (It has nothing at all to do with the fact that I was scrambling to pack at the last minute, yet again...none at all.) It was just about how we had to pick paint chips off the baseboards of our walls in order to make things look nicer for inspection. Good times.

It was interesting to be there and interesting to come home again. Seeing people get indoctrinated, and getting indoctrinated myself is kind of neat, and gives a little bit of insight into the whole "collective identity" thing. We are beaten down and built back up so that we are more proud of each other and our platoon than we are of ourselves. The instructors seem to know exactly when to use the carrot and the stick to try to get to people. Luckily things don't get to me, but I don't need either so much because I actually am trying to do everything the way they want. It seems the best way to do it. Yeah..It won't take long to get back into things, that's for sure. I just hope we haven't all forgotten how to march!

I guess I don't have anything else interesting to say. Airports are not too exciting, and I hope it continues to stay that way! I'll be posting again when we're allowed our electronics back...in 2 weeks hopefully. More if we don't behave!

Till then

Cheers. Have a drink for me, cause I'm not allowed!

No comments:

Post a Comment