Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sorry, you suck. Please move back 10 spaces.

Well today, even the seargent flat out said "This is a game." And of course, we landed on a snake.

We had a big inspection this morning. Our platoon second in command came around to every single cubicle to make sure we were up to snuff, and apparently we are not! It's not really surprising to me. It was actually kind of funny to see him taking things out of the closet and throwing them around the room. "Dust on jacket." "Dust on fleece." "Threads on combats." "Socks not all the same." "This just sucks." were the kinds of comments directed towards me this morning. It was pretty much the same everywhere and a lot worse for some! At least he didn't comment on my ironing. I spent a lot of time on that last night.

So of course, there go our privilages! It's not really a surprise, since not many other platoons even had those privilages, and we obviously can't get anything done with them. This game does not work well with distractions, apparently.

So I'm not sure when I'll be able to update again, but hopefully not too long. I'm expecting about a week, but who really knows! In any case I just hope the seargent's "More to come later" isn't too horribly painful. It probably will be. It always is when he makes us wait.


In other news, we got our rifles this week! People were really looking forward to that, but I have to say, I wasn't particularly excited. It's one more thing to look after, although now I have it...it's fun! Weapons class is one of the only classes where it's easy to stay awake, since it's practical and we don't take notes. I can't say much more than that, because we've only had them for two days and have basically just done safety checks and taking the thing apart. Still fun though!

Also...I got a buzzcut! It's a neat feeling to have almost no hair. Why, you ask? Well, I was forced into getting a haircut last week, and it was really terrible. At first I didn't mind, but when I said I didn't like it, a bunch of the guys started saying "You should get a buzzcut." I swear I've heard that ten times a day for the past week. Anyways, I saw some pictures of me on the weekend and went "you know, that doesn't actually sound so bad." So I went and did it. Now I no longer have to attempt to put a pound of gel in my hair to hold "loose strands" and get in trouble for it. Now I just get people calling me G.I. Jane, which is kind of annoying since I'm not really into the whole "military" thing. But it's fun, and at least my head isn't shaped too funny!

I have to say I felt kind of like I was on a game show when I got it done with the 15 other guys there yelling "do it!" or "don't do it!" as their respectives preferences went. At least it was entertaining. I'm sure there is more "entertainment" to look forward to this weekend.

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment