Sunday, February 14, 2010

Comfortably Numb

It's kind of strange how used to this whole basic training thing we get. Last week was pretty busy and we had a big inspection by our platoon commander, and although we did a lot of work for it, no one was really freaking out about it. Unlike weeks 0 to 3 when we stressed about every single one.

It used to be impossible for all 60 of us to get all our coats and bags lined up neatly in under 3 minutes, and now we do it all the time.

I can also tell how routine things are becoming by how much more boring these posts are getting. Talk about not using my brain much here!

That's not entirely true. We do have some kind of brain-like using stuff we have to do. And four tests this coming week! Hmmmm maybe I should get back to studying. Nah.


So it's the end of another weekend and another round of craziness. That's another routine - seeing just how many people get how drunk and stupid how fast. Then we've got another batch of stories to hold us through till the next weekend. It's kind of a soap opera. Now I understand all the stereotypes that are associated with soldiers and sailors! Oh right. And we're students. That's three strikes for us! Oh well.

Not that there are any stories about me. I would never do such things! At least, I would never get stupid enough to get caught!

Just kidding Mom!

...

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment