Monday, November 2, 2009

Hello, World.

If you've made it this far, chances are you know what this is all about. I'm a musician who won a job with the band in the Canadian Forces. I set out for basic training on November 21st and will be sharing my experiences here. At least the ones I find interesting/amusing enough. If I'm allowed internet time.

A lot of people ask me what it's going to be like and right now, I honestly only have a vague idea. Yes I will be getting up early in the morning and working out. Yes I will learn to shoot a gun. No wait, I'm not supposed to call it a gun. It's an ASSAULT RIFLE. Yeah, that's way cooler. There will be a lot of classroom work. What that will be, I have no idea.

The only thing I'm pretty sure if is that I will be getting made fun of. I'm technically part of the Air Force because of the band I will be playing in and apparently the army/navy sections tend to think the AF are weenies. Or something. That's even before taking into consideration I'll probably be the only musician in a wackload of gung-hosers. Did I mention I play the bassoon? *sigh* ...

Okay that's probably not a very nice way of starting things off. I'm sure I'll meet some great people, and some I like rather less - just like anywhere else. Honestly. I mean, they can't all be crazies and asshats. Other than the instructors of course! ;)

1 comment:

  1. i was in the usaf. And yeah, the army / navy / marine corps all think the usaf are pussies but.............

    They're just jealous cause the airforce is more intelligent & scored higher on their asvab than they did!!!!!!!!!


    brain muscle > other muscles

    ReplyDelete